FOR VINTAGE LOVERS: ETHANOLLIE

photo via ethanollie / etsy
photo via ethanollie / etsy

If you've been following MINA MOKA for a while you might have noticed that I have a thing for thrift stores and fleamarkets and love to hunt for vintage gems. Vintage hunting online is usually not the same and I just do it when I am looking for something specific.

But Kim Ludy from ethanollie made me change my mind. The items she finds and sells and especially the way she displays and styles those small and big treasures for her photos is just stunning.

She really knows how to give very simple objects a story  - and history - in her  photographs. By arranging the object with different props she creates vignettes that are also helping an online buyer to imagine what the object could actually look like or be used for in a home.

photos via ethanollie / etsy
photos via ethanollie / etsy
photo via ethanollie / etsy
photo via ethanollie / etsy
photo via ethanollie / etsy
photo via ethanollie / etsy

Ethanollie is shipping everywhere and Kim Ludy is also a co-owner of a brick and mortar vintage shop called Maven Collective in Portland together with Jacklyn Arvin, Sue Teso of solstice home and Rebekah Dortmund of little byrd vintage

If you share my love for vintage treasures and eclectic homes make sure to follow Kim on pinterest, too - that's how I found out about her and her shop ethanollie in the first place!

Do you hunt and shop vintage items online? Feel free to leave a link to your favourite vintage etsy or online shops in the comment section so I can browse some more. I'd love to find some equally nice online shops that are based in Europe...

All images are from ethanollie on etsy and linked to their source.

Comments: 7 (Discussion closed)

owls house london. (Friday, 15 March 2013 12:30)

I'm so with you on the flea markets; I'm crazy about them! those first jars are just wonderful. In fact all of your finds are.. i am enjoying your blog very much; nice to have found you through twitter :). Jane (owl's house london.)

Kreetta (Tuesday, 12 March 2013 18:38)

Hi Lena!
    I think I have more old and vintage than new. I love flea markets, auction, antique shops etc. places where you can find gems.Kim does great work with her vintage items. Thanks for sharing!

minamoka (Saturday, 09 March 2013 13:14)

@Gudy: Danke für den Link, werde ich mir gleich anschauen!
    @Musa: Thanks for stopping by and leavong such a nice comment. If that's your impression I'm more than happy because that is exactly what my intention is. Thank you!
    @Eva, @Doris: I'm glad you like my find! And sorry for turning you into vintage online shoppers ;)

Doris (Friday, 08 March 2013 20:27)

Hi Lena, what a fantastic find. I have started to follow them on pinterest and have saved their web site. Thank You. I don't usually like to shop for vintage on-line because I agree that it's not the same as seeing it in person. But they way they have styled it makes such a big difference. Thanks D

Musa (Friday, 08 March 2013 16:10)

Hello Lena,
    I've found your blog thanks to blogging your way and I love it! That's nice that in addition to have beautiful inspiration images, you also have something to say about them.
    I'll come back :)
    Have a good day,
    Musa

Gudy Herder (Friday, 08 March 2013 13:37)

Ui, sehr schön. Ihr Pinterest board ist sehenswert. Magst Du grosse, alte, bunte oder auch nicht,... Buchstaben? Dann schau mal hier http://wohnbedarf.wordpress.com

Eva @FoodVegetarisch (Friday, 08 March 2013 11:29)

Hallo Lena,
    lieben Dank für diesen Tipp! Bereits beim schnellen Durchstöbern habe ich grad einige Sachen gefunden, die ich gerne als Deko für meine Bilder nutzen würde... hoffentlich wird das jetzt nicht gleich ein Großeinkauf, wenn ich dann das erste Mal Vintage online kaufen werde :o)
    Liebe Grüße und hab ein schönes Wochenende, Eva