SMALL CHANGES HERE AND THERE

Let's talk about small changes. My little white houses changed their place and found a new home on that grey picture frame.

What else changed? I got a new haircut today! I did, seriously. Ok, that's not what I wanted to talk about. But: Over the last couple of weeks I made lots of small changes on the blog which can hardly be noticed, I'm sure. Even though they took me lots of time! The biggest change: I have a much wider main column now so I can post bigger photos and collages. I finally managed to create categories to make browsing though older posts a little easier and more organized.

I used the space at the very bottom of the homepage to insert my social media icons there and added an instagram button - stuff like that.

I won't bore you with every detail, but the more time and energy I am investing in this little space of mine the more perfectionist I get and small things I didn't care about much before start to bother me. I'm even thinking about taking an html-course to learn basic coding. Me! Unbelievable...

Step by step I am getting there. Small changes for the world, big changes for MINA MOKA!

Tania (Tuesday, 12 March 2013 19:20)

I'm in the same boat as you! I don't know what your blog looked like before now but I can say it's certainly beautiful. I took a course to help me build my website and learn some html and it was worth every penny. I could not build my own website from scratch without help I love the fact that I have enough basic knowledge of html to tweak my own site on my own. I say go for it! :)

Doris (Tuesday, 12 March 2013 21:58)

It's definately the small changes that make all the difference. And although they seem small, they do take up a lot of time because you do need to know how to code and tweak those changes to be what you want. Keep it up. Though I think your site looks great already. And how about a photo of your new haircut? ;) xD

minamoka (Tuesday, 12 March 2013 22:10)

@Tania: Thanks for encouraging me, I think I might really go for it!

@Doris: The haircut wasn't such a big change, no need for a photo. we'll see... But I decided to color it (with my own color, for the first time...) to cover those annoying grey hairs. That's the kind of change I definitely don't need!

Gudy Herder (Tuesday, 12 March 2013 23:41)

I do like every single change you did. Specially the wider central bar! Good job, Lena!

minamoka (Wednesday, 13 March 2013 15:28)

Thank you, Gudy! (sitting here with a big proud smile...)

Ana (Thursday, 14 March 2013 01:52)

It looks so much better with the wider post column. :) And where is the photo of you new haircut? ;)

Hege Morris (Thursday, 14 March 2013 07:31)

It's great! Well done! html takes me ages..
    and I do have some grey hair too.. lol

minamoka (Thursday, 14 March 2013 12:18)

Thank you, Ana and Hege! Like I said, no need for a photo, it's not that exciting... Maybe when I get a more professional picture for my about page!