DO IT: A CUP OF TEA

I am beginning to accept the fact that spring is not yet willing to arrive. The times of cozy evenings with a cup of tea are not over, so I made some handpainted cups using a porcellain pen. Easy, fast - and even dishwasher safe (they say...).

My original plan was to make the cups from my sketch up there - but my pen wasn't fine enough to write something on the cup. But I was really happy to find simple white cups without a handle. That's how I like my cup of tea. And you?

p.s. This is also the start of my new column DO IT. I have an ideas board on pinterest where I collect (suprise, surprise!)...ideas! Things I want to make, try, do. Apart from the growing collection of DIY projects which are all nice but sometimes very elaborate or time consuming, this is just a collection of things that I want to try and that seem realistic and easy enough to really become reality. So from now on I will try to transform one of my ideas from the board into a small project once a week. This is the pin which inspired me to paint the cups - unfortuntely the source of the link does not exist anymore, but you used to be able to buy them and it made me want to try my own version.

Igor (Wednesday, 27 March 2013 11:24)

A simple and beautiful idea - never thought of it! Also a great idea to make a very personal gift set of tea cups. Happy Wednesday!

minamoka (Wednesday, 27 March 2013 11:32)

@Igor: That's what I did for christmas this year - and I was a little sad to give them all away, so I made these for myself!

Natalie (Wednesday, 27 March 2013 11:55)

Great idea and photos, and i would love to follow your new column!

Nina (Wednesday, 27 March 2013 12:10)

This little diy is totally my cup of tea :) Great looking yet super simple idea. It's something I should try my hands at as well.

Judith (Wednesday, 27 March 2013 12:20)

I really like the idea of DOing! All these Pinterest photos & ideas are nice, but giving them your own twist is even better.

Ana (Wednesday, 27 March 2013 18:39)

This ones look so cute. And you are so right, there are DIYs out there, they seam to be so easy but sometime you spent days working on them. I also prefer something I can finish in at least a day.

Kreetta (Wednesday, 27 March 2013 22:58)

You made pretty ones! Nice photo of cup and hands. I love to have my cup of tee with sun. We really have had sun here, yay! (hope you have it too soon!) but still have lot of snow on the ground. At the moment I drink green tea with cherry. It's goood. DO IT sounds great! I wonder what will be the first one ? Have to come and see.

geraldine (Thursday, 28 March 2013 10:00)

Such a brilliant idea and love the cups you've made Lena. Have a wonderful Easter weekend. xx

minamoka (Thursday, 28 March 2013 11:01)

Thank you everyone for your kind words! So happy you like my new column and the first post!

gudy herder (Thursday, 28 March 2013 16:17)

Sehr schön! Habe ich vor vielen Jahren mal zum Abiturabschluss gemacht (wie gesagt, vor vielen Jahren!). Warum nicht wieder einmal? Ich brauche einen neue Zahnputz Becher!

Bine (Saturday, 30 March 2013 22:41)

sooooo beautiful! I have cups and pens here, but didn't have time to do it yet!
    xo from Bine (a BYW student as well!) ;-))