DO IT! CHALKBOARD PAINT TABLE

I am very late with the second edition of my DO IT! column where I try to transform an idea from my ideas board on pinterest into reality once a week. No, not only because it's friday already. But because it took me more than two years from buying a can of red chalkboard paint to actually painting the table I had bought it for. I know. It's ridiculous. I got the paint on a Berlin visit when we still lived in Montenegro, carried it home in my luggage, left in untouched, packed it in a box when we moved back to Berlin and stored it in a safe place where it kept waiting for me.

When I started pinning pictures of painted chalkboard tables (like this one) I finally decided it was about time to stop pinning and start painting!

A little more about the new column in last week's post, in case you're interested...

Have a nice weekend - I am planning to do almost nothing (except making an idea come true, of course!) and sleep a lot. And you?

Sandy (Friday, 05 April 2013 17:33)

A great DIY idea - thinking about my own chalkboard table ;-)
    I am in spring cleaning mood - last weekend I was cleaning up the closet, this weekend I have to clean up the pantry.
    best wishes, Sandy

gudy Herder (Friday, 05 April 2013)

Sehr schöne Fotostrecke, Lena! Ich mag es auch , dass eine Kreidefarbe mal nicht gewöhnlich ist!
    Und zum Thema DIY, ich mache nur etwas wenn ich einen Auftrag habe und es wimmelt immer in meinem Kopf an Ideen aber ich setze für zu Haus selten etwas um. Da ich nun mein zu Haus (Teil davon) für ein Projekt fotografieren werde, hab ich nun mit Basteln in meinen 4 Wänden angefangen...tzzz...
    Also, ich bastel am Wochenende:-) happy relaxing für Dich!

Kreetta (Friday, 05 April 2013 19:15)

Hey, good for you, Great work! Fun for children! Traveling paint...sounds nice. I visited Montenegro in last June. We made a travel reportage about Montenegro - Budva, Kotor Bay of Kotor...beautiful places. Did you like the country?

minamoka (Friday, 05 April 2013 20:44)

Sandy und Gudy, ihr hört euch auf jeden fall sehr viel aktiver an als ich mit euren Plänen fürs Wochenende! Ich hoffe wir bekommen deine Basteleien auch zu sehen, Gudy?
    @Kreetta - so interesting to hear that you made a travel reportage about Montenegro - can I find it somewhere online? To answer your question: I liked it and I didn't... It was fascinating and frustrating at the same time. I'm definitely missing the sea and the sun! But I missed a lot of other things when I lived there, too...

tina @ colourliving (Friday, 05 April 2013 23:04)

I love this series of yours.

I also love the story behind schlepping the paint across countries. And that it is RED!!Fabulous.

owls house london. (Saturday, 06 April 2013 18:38)

what a fabulous idea! and the colour is super too. enjoy it ( think I may try a pale yellow one yet..)

minamoka (Sunday, 07 April 2013 12:32)

Glad you are all so happy with my color choice - I am, too!

Kreetta (Monday, 08 April 2013 13:40)

Hi Lena!
    Sorry to say but no it's not anywhere online. It was in Blue1 in flight Dream magazine.

Ana (Monday, 08 April 2013 19:04)

This idea is great. And I know the problem with pinning and not doing it. I have over 5.000 pins!!!!!!

Judith (Monday, 08 April 2013 21:10)

So nice that you "finally" used this paint that traveled along with you for quite a while! It's awesome that your kid(s?) are now allowed to write on the table! Yayy!

Monsterscircus (Monday, 08 April 2013 23:00)

i love chalk paint, and the red color is amazing! I want one too :-) thank you for your inspiration and have a beautiful week!

Nina (Tuesday, 09 April 2013 05:09)

Oh hello red table! I love that you didn't go with black paint for the table, the red is such an unexpected choice. Love it! I'm also guilty of pinning and not doing...

minamoka (Tuesday, 09 April 2013 17:56)

@Judith: They've been painting on it before, that's why I needed 10 coats of paint to cover it :-)
    @Ana + Nina: But I know you're both DOers, too! We can't do everything we pin, right?
    @Monsterscircus: Thank you! And yes, make one, too! I'd love to see it!