DO IT: "THIS IS NOT A FLOWER"

this is not a flower | minamoka.com

Time for another DO IT post!

For new readers: DO IT is a column where I transform one of the pins from my ideas board on pinterest into reality. I try not to copy it exactly, but to use it as a starting point - and I try to work with things I already have instead of buying more. The motto: Stop pinning, start doing! {note to self}

Okay, first let me confuse you a little bit, because I was confused, too. I saw a picture and thought it was something else than what it really was. But in fact, I liked what I thought it was (but wasn't!) - so I decided to give it a try myself. Are you confused? A little bit? Good!

This is the image I'm talking about. And I thought it was a collage of a flower and a real vase in front of it to make it look like a flower in a vase. Wrong. It's a real paper flower in a real vase. But I preferred my initial idea!

A little bit of cutting, drawing and glueing later...

this is not a flower | minamoka.com
this is not a flower | minamoka.com

A collage pretending to be a flower in a bottle that thinks it's a vase next to a pitcher pretending to be a vase holding a piece of metal that thinks it's a flower.

Got it?

this is not flower | minamoka.com

Ana (Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:28)

As clear as glass. ;) Very smart idea, Lena.

minamoka (Wednesday, 22 May 2013 17:08)

Thanks, Ana! Klar wie Kloßbrühe, oder?

Sandy (Wednesday, 22 May 2013 20:45)

You are an artist, my dear! Love it! And yes, it is so good to unplug for something real ;-)
    Greets, Sandy

minamoka (Wednesday, 22 May 2013 23:35)

Awww, thank you, Sandy! I'm not that sure about the artist, but happy you like it!

Doris (Thursday, 23 May 2013 21:49)

Lena, your idea is soooo much better. You did such a great job on it, it looks wonderful. I'm actually going to try and do one myself. Will let you know how it turns out. xD

Chi @ 106 (Monday, 27 May 2013 09:23)

"And I thought it was a collage of a flower and a real vase in front of it to make it look like a flower in a vase. Wrong. It's a real paper flower in a real vase. But I preferred my initial idea!"

So do I - I love it! It reminds me of the sort of thing Sania Pell often does on her blog: http://www.saniapell.com/athomeblog/homemade/experimenting-with-flowers-part-two/

minamoka (Monday, 27 May 2013 12:01)

@chi - wow, that's beautiful. I've been to Sania Pell's blog a couple of times but didn't know she was doing this. Much better than mine of course, but it was only my first try ...