DO YOU COLLECT ?

do you collect ? | minamoka.com

I have a thing for collections. Nicely displayed collections. The most ordinary things can look so special when displayed as a collection. I don't collect anything spectacular myself (except stones and shells from the beach. And dresses - but who doesn't?). But I have a pinterest board dedicated to collections only. Collecting collections:

do you collect ? | minamoka.com

image sources: paintings |dice | paddles | cameras

What do you collect? And can I see it anywhere?

p.s.: I just realized that the latest instaweekend is a pretty good example for my obsession with ordinary things in big numbers.

tina @ colourliving (Thursday, 13 June 2013 23:30)

Do I collect? I suppose I do (some things)
    I used to collect rubber ducks but stopped that now. Still have them and will soon photograph as proof:-)

I collect pend/pencils
    I collect paper clips
    I collect stationery

I have posted some of these on my blog, others not yet... I suppose there isn't anything really interesting and quirky about my collections. They simply give me pleasure!

I enjoyed your images and your Pinterest board. Will pin some of them.

I think you would enjoy www. thequintessentialmagazine.com.au if you don't already know it!

minamoka (Friday, 14 June 2013 10:30)

Hi Tina - I'd love to see your rubber duck collection! I once worked on a screenplay where rubber ducks and a rubber-duck collector played an important role. Have you ever heard of this?: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendly_Floatees It was my Co-Author's inspiration for the character.

And thank you for the quintessential magazine - tip. The latest cover looks very promising! I will check it out!

monsterscircus (Sunday, 16 June 2013 21:46)

Beautiful collections, oh I love small collections and my favorites is my collections of beads. I love all kinds of beads especially handmade ceramic one. Thank you for your insta collections, always interesting and beautiful. Have a happy week Lena:-)

minamoka (Monday, 17 June 2013)

@monsterscircus: I can imagine you have an impressive collection af beads! Thank you, and have a nice week too!

Judith (Monday, 17 June 2013 13:18)

I realized that women tend to collect more things "just because they like it" and that men collection things to "complete a collection", which means they also collect things that they like less just because it belongs to a series for example. I'm not sure if I collect anything specific, I have lots of small mini collections: feathers, yellow objects, business cards, pretty boxes, shoes hahahhaa...

minamoka (Monday, 17 June 2013 14:50)

Judith, I think you're so right about the difference between "male" and "female" collections. I also think women tend to display their collections nicely and men sometimes hide them in boxes where they're "safer". I think I've seen some of your collections on your blog, I remember a yellow collection!

Nina (Tuesday, 25 June 2013 05:09)

I definitely collect chairs, it just happened. Unfortunately most of them sit in the basement waiting for their turn to be displayed. Another obsession of mine are vintage boots...