THAILAND DIARIES: SOUVENIRS, PART 1

minamoka.com: thailand diaries

Wow, that was a long break! And the longest holiday in MINA MOKA's short life so far. We passed three wonderful, hot, sometimes wet and always colourful weeks in Thailand. I still need to go through my photos and let all my impressions sink in a little before I'll show and tell you more of the trip. Many of you were following me along on instagram during the past weeks - if not: I just tagged my thailand pics #thailanddiaries to make them easier to find in case you're interested.

Today I'll leave you with a peek at one of my souvenirs. Sometimes souvenirs that cost very little or nothing - like shells from the beach or nice packaging of local products - are the best, don't you think?

I fell in love with these glass bottles when I saw them for the first time in Chiang Mai. When I found them again in a restaurant in Bangkok on our last day I asked the owner of the restaurant if I could have the empty bottles to bring them home with me. And I'm so happy they survived the flight!

minamoka.com: thailand diaries, souvenirs, part 1

Nina (Tuesday, 30 July 2013 01:30)

Welcome back! I cannot remember the last time I took off three weeks to travel, must have been in college and that way too long ago to remember. This summer I won't be able to go on vacation so I travel vicariously through your Instagram feed. Love the bottles! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

Kreetta (Tuesday, 30 July 2013 08:34)

Long journey and great souvenirs. Love the fonts! I hope you had great time and got lot of inspiration!

ilaria (Tuesday, 30 July 2013 10:19)

Happy you are back and so looking forward to learn more about your trip (your IG pictures were just the starters, weren't they? ;-) I agree for the bottles, they will give an exotic touch to your table (and the Thai font is so elegant!) Have a lovely day xx

minamoka (Tuesday, 30 July 2013 10:37)

@Nina: same for me, my last long holiday was during college. And before the kids... And it felt so good!
    @Kreetta: I took so many pictures of signs which were probably saying very random things because the fonts made them look so nice!
    @Ilaria: I thought by posting on instagram like crazy I did my blogger duty ;)

Claudia - DesignClaud (Tuesday, 30 July 2013 10:48)

I'm sooooo jealous right now! We were thinking about the same but then we would have to sent them home.. or take them with us for the next year.. Not worth it. SO good you took them! They are lovely! With a little flower in it or just empty in a row.. Really cool! It's such a shame we haven't met up. I've been thinking about you and your family every time we went to My Way (every day haha).. Enjoy Berlin! xx

minamoka (Tuesday, 30 July 2013 10:56)

@Claudia: That's so funny that you had the same idea - they're great, aren't they? Yeah it's a shame we missed each other, but traveling together on instagram was fun, too! The my way terrace was such a perfect spot. I saw that you went to koh tao now, must be beautiful there, too! Enjoy!

gudy herder (Tuesday, 30 July 2013 14:48)

How did they survive? Did you have a huge FRAGILE sticker on your suitcase? Anyhow, they are just fantastic! Could look great on your minibar:-)Relax now and enjoy the (unusual) summer heat in Berlin. xx

tina @ colourliving (Wednesday, 31 July 2013 00:18)

Welcome back! 3 weeks sounds heavenly! I cannot remember the last time I took off so much time - I would if going to Thailand:-)

LOVE those bottles. What great souvenirs. Show us more!!

minamoka (Wednesday, 31 July 2013 11:24)

@Gudy: I didn't even have a suitcase, just a backpack - but the glass is really thick and I wrapped some clothes around them. I agree about the minibar!
    @Tina: I will, I will... I didn't bring SO much back home with me, but did some shopping at the weekend market on our last day...

Ana (Thursday, 01 August 2013 09:58)

Welcome back Lena! Yeah,it's been a while. You took great pictures on Instagram, even if I didn't "liked" every single, I really liked them all. You know what I mean. ;)

minamoka (Friday, 02 August 2013 16:58)

I know exactly what you mean, Ana ;) Thank you!

Judith (Monday, 05 August 2013 17:36)

A belated "Welcome Back" Lena! Loved following you along in Thailand on IG. Those bottles look amazing indeed. Water bottles are one of my favorite souvenir anyway, they are so pretty & versatile and will look great in your minibar (or with flowers!)!

Doris (Sunday, 11 August 2013 10:36)

A big welcome back Lena! I can't wait to hear all about your travels... the bottles are beautiful! xD