THAILAND DIARIES: STREETS OF BANGKOK, PART 2

streets of bangkok, part 2 | minamoka.com

Here comes part two of the streets of Bangkok - a different perspective as I promised, and different kinds of streets - the wet kinds!

We realized quickly that using the public ferries whenever possible was the best way to get from one neighborhood to another. Fast, cooling and providing a different view and angle.

streets of bangkok, part 2 | minamoka.com
streets of bangkok, part 2 | minamoka.com
streets of bangkok, part 2 | minamoka.com
streets of bangkok, part 2 | minamoka.com

Feeding the huge fish in the river with the bread you can buy directly at the pier seems to be one of the local's favourite pastimes during their lunch break. Some of us joined the fun, too.  (others didn't...)

streets of bangkok, part 2 | minamoka.com
streets of bangkok, part 2 | minamoka.com
streets of bangkok, part 2 | minamoka.com
streets of bangkok, part 2 | minamoka.com

I'll be back with some more bits and pieces from our visits to different markets in Thailand soon! Here you can find the first part of our walk through Bangkok.

Kreetta (Tuesday, 13 August 2013 13:56)

Thanks for sharing your Thailand! Loved the small brigde and what is in those big plastic bags..? I wonder.

minamoka (Tuesday, 13 August 2013 15:35)

@Kreetta: That's bread to feed the fish!

Nina (Thursday, 15 August 2013 13:26)

Thailand is definitely on my list of places I want to travel to. My old coworker is from there and he offered to show us around and pass us along to his friends in different places. Now I have to check out your walk through Bangkok.

monsterscircus (Thursday, 15 August 2013 23:25)

So lovely holiday pics from Thailand! The bridge is amazing! Looking forward to your market photos. Have a lovely evening

tina @ colourliving (Friday, 16 August 2013 01:22)

How very interesting about the fish... great and 'real' photography. Good combo. Your trip really seems fascinating:-)

minamoka (Friday, 16 August 2013 12:36)

@Nina: Yes, you should definitely go - especially if you have a local friend there who can show you around!
    @Mette: Thank you for stopping by Mette - I hope to post the market pics next week!
    @Tina: I think the fishfeeding had some religious component to it as well, I also saw some girls who bought fish to let them then free in the river after they said a prayer. Tried to find out more about it but wasn't successful!

Doris (Saturday, 17 August 2013 20:52)

Such wonderful photo's Lena. I especially love the one with all the fish. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see more. xD

Sandy (Monday, 19 August 2013 10:34)

Amazing pictures, Lena! I enjoyed following your instagram feed and am now looking forward to the market clicks as well- I adore markets!
    Hugs, Sandy

Judith (Monday, 19 August 2013 13:00)

Brrrrr those fish fighting over a piece of bread... there are so many! Totally get why "some of you" didn't join the fun ;) Looks like you had a fascinating and different kind of Thailand trip. Looking forward to more to come!

minamoka (Tuesday, 20 August 2013 10:58)

@Judith: Exactly, you got it! Not my thing...
    @Doris: Thanks for stopping by, there'll be more!
    @Sandy: Thank you Sandy, I'll be posting my market impressions soon!