THAILAND DIARIES: AT THE MARKET

Thailand Diaries: at the market | minamoka.com

Markets - who doesn't love them? You see, feel and smell things you've never seen before and that tell you so much about the country.

We went to many different kinds of markets in Thailand, big and small, indoors and outdoors, night and day. Most of the time I didn't take pictures because it was either too dark, too crowded or I was too busy shopping! That's why you won't, for example, find a single picture of the huge and very impressive weekend market in Bangkok in this post (but maybe a post about my finds sometime later).

But I really enjoyed taking pictures of the many different kinds of hanging plants (and many different ways of hanging them) at a small flower market along the river in Bangkok, chillies in every possible stage and some other little bits and pieces along the way... Enjoy!

Thailand Diaries: at the market | minamoka.com

More impressions from Thailand can be found here and here. And next time? Mmmh, I think I'll take you to the beach!

Kreetta (Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:35)

Oh, I love those plants! Coconuts in the air?

Sandy (Wednesday, 21 August 2013 16:23)

Love, love, love your clicks! My fave is the last one, don't know why ;-)
    Hugs, Sandy

minamoka (Wednesday, 21 August 2013 17:22)

@Kreetta: Funny, right? You know, I had to think of you when I saw these air plants because I learned about them first on your blog!
    @Sandy: I wonder why...!

geraldine (Wednesday, 21 August 2013 19:34)

Lena, your photos are so beautiful. I almost feel I am there and can smell those chillies. Love the way the plants are presented. Next time I go back to Malaysia, I'm going to do a week in Thailand. Have a lovely week xx

Doris (Wednesday, 21 August 2013 20:32)

Lena, Great pictures! I love love love markets too. There is something really grounding about being in one. Thanks for sharing your travels. xD

claudia (Friday, 23 August 2013 16:44)

Lovely pictures of the market. I do love that the Thai are so genious with plants.. Hanging, standing anything.. And they only use natural stuff. Great!

minamoka (Saturday, 24 August 2013 08:24)

@Geraldine: You should definitely go, I'm sure you'll love it!
    @Doris: Thank you, Doris - glad you share my market-love...
    @Claudia: Absolutely - I was really surprised how many plants they have everywhere, even in Bangkok, and it creates such a nice atmosphere.

mel (Sunday, 25 August 2013 12:16)

Such beautiful photos and so vibrant. Their own version of hanging gardens and the plant growing out of a snail shell? So interesting! M x

monsterscircus (Monday, 26 August 2013 23:08)

Amazing pictures! The plants are so beautiful and you're always to good at catching the moment - And wow there's really some wonderful ideas for hanging plants! Thank you so much for sharing your holiay photos, have a lovely day Lena:-)

minamoka (Tuesday, 27 August 2013 10:26)

@mel: That snail-plant is one of my favourites, too!

@mette: Thank you for stopping by, Mette! I was really surprised to see all those different and creative ways to hang plants at the market, there were many more, too!

Eva @FoodVegetarisch (Tuesday, 27 August 2013 21:39)

What a wonderful choice of images which I just enjoy to look at! And although I am not so much into fish eating, somehow the last pic is also my very favourite one :-)
    Herzliche Grüße, Eva

Ana (Thursday, 29 August 2013 07:01)

I have to catch up on all your posts from the last three weeks. :) This pictures are great Lena!

minamoka (Monday, 02 September 2013 14:27)

@Eva: Danke! Und viele Grüße zurück!

@Ana: Have fun catching up!