INSTA-SPOTLIGHT: BERLINSTAGRAM

insta-spotlight: berlinstagram |minamoka.com

Hello new week, hello september, hello new series: insta-spotlight.

Let's kick off the new series with one of my favourite instagrammers from Berlin who happens to be something like Berlin's "instagram celebrity": berlinstagram

The real person behind berlinstagram is Michael Schulz who has been documenting the city with his iphone camera since march 2011.

He finds the beauty, charme and humour of the city in little, sometimes awkward, often very ordinary details. I think he captures Berlin's atmosphere and characteristics by showing it the way it is: not very shiny, often surprising and always straightforward. Like a good old friend who lets you be what you are.

Michael Schulz just launched his portfolio site for berlinstagram where you can find all his pictures organized in categories and find out more about a couple of interesting projects that his instagram success has led to so far. Hop over, browse and take a walk through Berlin!

insta-spotlight: berlinstagram | minamoka.com
insta-spotlight: berlinstagram

All images by Michael Schulz via berlinstagram.net

Kreetta (Monday, 02 September 2013 13:41)

The world of instagrams is unknown to me - I haven't started or done it. But it is interesting phenomenon.

minamoka (Monday, 02 September 2013 14:10)

@Kreetta: I am really enjoying that world - there are some great talents out there. "Phenomenon" is a good description of it, it has many aspects, also some not so great ones, like people who use it to post nothing but self portraits or every single piece of food they eat. It's what you make of it and what you decide to use it for. And after all, it's not necessary to be part of every world.

Judith (Monday, 02 September 2013 15:16)

What a nice introduction to this Berlinstagrammer! I'm a total IG newbie (today 3 months exactly) but I'm loving it a lot! Still discovering the etiquette of following/commenting/tagging etc. but it's so much fun! I think I'm a little bit addicted... but as you say, there are A LOT of uninteresting accounts out there. I like a selfie or nice food every now and then, but don't like it if people use IG as a backup of your phone images ;)

Gudy Herder (Tuesday, 03 September 2013 11:03)

DEINE IG Bilder sind gut!Es überrascht mich immer wieder wie viele ausgezeichnete Igers es gibt, die noch nicht sehr bekannt sind und mit den Großen alle Mal mithalten können. Ich mag Deinen Stil sehr!

tina @ colourliving (Tuesday, 03 September 2013 12:18)

What a nice new series...

I also struggle with IG and who to follow et cetera.
    I like your unique style and this Berlinstagrammer is great.
    Thank you!

minamoka (Tuesday, 03 September 2013 12:43)

@Gudy: Danke für die Blumen! Mir geht es genauso - aber wie du sagst, es gibt SEHR VIELE talentierte igers und es alles steht und fällt wohl damit, im richtigen Moment "entdeckt" zu werden. Ich werde auf jeden Fall auch weniger "berühmte" igers hier vorstellen...

@Tina: Thank you, Tina - have a great day, I hope London is not as rainy and grey as Berlin today.