BIRTHDAY FLOWERS

Birthday Flowers | minamoka.com

Last week was birthday week and that means: Lots of flowers in the house!

Birthday Flowers | minamoka.com

I got spoilt this year with many many presents. Two of my favourites are the two things that make the world a better place: Earrings...

crocheted earrings | minamoka.com

made (yes: crocheted metal wire!) by my talented sister ( who had the best teachers in my aunt and cousin from Galerie Feinschmiede ). One of a kind, not for sale, only mine. mineminemine!

crocheted earrings | minamoka.com

... and: Icecream!

We bought delicious la newyorkina paletas during our walk on the High Line in New York where they also sold this book by Fany Gerson and I screamed: "I need this book because next summer I will make popsicles from fresh fruit and sell them in a little cart on the street!" My husband said: "Yes, sure." and managed to buy the book for me right there without me noticing it.

paletas by fany gerson | minamoka.com
paletas by fany gerson | minamoka.com

Ahh, birthday week was nice. Well, let's start into a regular week now!

Eva @FoodVegetarisch (Monday, 07 October 2013 20:12)

Oh, da wünsche ich doch direkt noch alles Liebe und Gute zu deinem Geburtstag!!! Die Ohringe sind ja echt genial :)
    Herzliche Grüße,
    Eva

mel (Tuesday, 08 October 2013 08:30)

Oh Happy Birthday Lena! What a talented sister - I LOVE those ear rings and I've never seen some like them, very unique and that's one lovely and sneaky husband. You should do that cart with your children one day just for fun. M x

minamoka (Tuesday, 08 October 2013 12:43)

Liebe Eva, vielen Dank!

Thank you, Mel! The earrings have become my favourites already. And if my popsicle business doesn't work out, I will maybe just have a popsicle party ;)

gudy herder (Tuesday, 08 October 2013 13:08)

Ok, so I missed it. Sorry, hope it helps saying I 've been in a different time zone. Anyhow, Lena, belated many, many good wishes for you, may this upcoming year give you as awesome travels as you had this year. And I'd love to see a pic of you wearing the mineminemine earrings:-)xx

Anni (Tuesday, 08 October 2013 14:10)

Oh Lena, hope you had a wonderful party bash! The flowers, earrings and everything about popsicles sound just marvellous. Can´t wait to stop by your manufaction next summer!*** =)

Doris (Thursday, 10 October 2013 12:30)

Happy Birthday Lena! Those earrings are gorgeous... you have a talented sister. Glad you got spoilt with presents. xD

Kreetta (Sunday, 13 October 2013 20:39)

Your birthday party sounds just perfect! Congrats even though I'm a bit late! Those earrings are lovely and I like to be your customer next summer if you do some dairy free popsicles ;)

minamoka (Monday, 14 October 2013 10:41)

Thank you thank you thank you Anni, Doris and Kreetta! And Gudy - I'm pretty sure you left me a birthday message on my fb wall, so you didn't miss it!