Do IT : MAKE A WREATH!

make a wreath | minamoka.com

This whole wreath thing got me, too, I have to admit. I'm not too crazy about those traditional christmas wreaths - but when I came across more and more images of simple and different kinds of wreaths I decided to have a shot at it myself. Plus: It's the perfect occasion for another DO IT! post.

For new readers: DO IT is a column where I transform a pin from my ideas board on pinterest into reality. Find two previous examples here and here. I try not to copy it exactly, but to use it as a starting point - and I try to work with things I already have instead of buying more. The motto: Stop pinning, start doing!

The pin it all started with was this one, an image by Amy Merrick. (please do hop over and browse Amy`s site, especially of you're a flower enthusiast)

Because I try to use things and materials I already have at home for my DO IT! posts, I used some green from an old bunch of flowers, some of the dried flowers we got at the market a while ago and gold metal wire.

make a wreath | minamoka.com
make a wreath | minamoka.com
make a wreath | minamoka.com
make a wreath | minamoka.com

Not a traditional christmas wreath - more a winter wreath that is actually a reminiscence of summer...

make a wreath | minamoka.com

un23 ilaria (Thursday, 12 December 2013 13:15)

Your wreath is gorgeous ... elegant and simple! I'm not too keen on wreaths either, I hardly have them but never thought of doing one for myself (you should know by now I'm one of the worst DYI person ;-) And you are definitely talented. I guess I'll keep on pinning and watching you make your pins a reality :-) I love this series xxi

minamoka (Thursday, 12 December 2013 13:31)

Thank you, Ilaria! The series motivates me to keep doing instead of pinning, I haven't been the biggest DIY person for a long time, either, even though I liked it. Maybe you should give it a try!

Anni (Thursday, 12 December 2013 20:13)

Einfach zauberhaft, liebe Lena! allerliebst, a*

minamoka (Thursday, 12 December 2013 21:41)

Danke, liebe Anni!

tina @ colourliving (Friday, 13 December 2013 08:06)

Great DO IT post... I love your series... I think I always say it!

I like it a lot because it's not too chrismassy and yet festive!

Hope you'll enjoy some time off over the holiday period.

Ana (Monday, 16 December 2013 09:30)

Yeah, this simple, rustic, wreath fever got me too. This one looks so perfect imperfect! I think I will skip this time making one as I have bought one for our table. But hey, Spring is coming soon, why not making a spring wreath too? ;)

Judith (Monday, 16 December 2013 14:23)

Simple and imperfect and simply gorgeous! I love this series! Did you hang your wreath in your Christmas calendar tree?

Kreetta (Monday, 16 December 2013 20:50)

Beautiful! Great wreath Lena! It's nice to see others making some things they have been planning or pinning or been thinking for a while. It's so nice when you get something done. This post series is lovely. Have a Wonderful X-mas!

mel (Wednesday, 18 December 2013 04:12)

Gorgeous Lena, so pretty! Really impressed with your DIY skills and agree that we need to do and not just pin xx

minamoka (Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:32)

Thank youuuuuuuu all for your lovely comments!!!

Doris (Wednesday, 18 December 2013 14:59)

You're wreath is beautiful Lena! Great idea to use dried flowers - you are so creative. xD

geraldine@littlebigbell (Friday, 20 December 2013 02:22)

Such a pretty wreath Lena and a great series. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas. xx