SEA VIEW ? ZOO VIEW !

Sea view vs. Zoo View: The 25hours Bikini Hotel Berlin / via minamoka.com

Hello! Long time no see... I escaped to a little island and enjoyed sun, sea and sand. Now I'm super relaxed and ready to bring you some travel inspiration from my hometown. Berlin can't offer sea view like the one up there from our terrace last week. But it can offer zoo view! The recently openend 25hours Hotel Bikini Berlin is located next to the Berlin Zoo in the center of (politically former, geographically still) West-Berlin.

Design Scene - Darling Werner Aisslinger and his team were responsible for the interior design and they created a very cool and trendy space with hammocks, indoor plants and comfortable sofa landscapes (I like that color palette!) and lots of outdoor terrace space to enjoy the amazing view: The Berlin Zoo on one side, the famous Memorial Church on the other side. That's as much West-Berlin as possible and makes the Monkey Bar and the Neni Restaurant on the top floor definitely worth a visit.

Zoo View: The 25hours Bikini Hotel Berlin / via minamoka.com
Zoo View: The 25hours Bikini Hotel Berlin / via minamoka.com
Zoo View: The 25hours Bikini Hotel Berlin / via minamoka.com
Zoo View: The 25hours Bikini Hotel Berlin / via minamoka.com
Gestalten Kiosk: The 25hours Bikini Hotel Berlin / via minamoka.com
Zoo View: The 25hours Bikini Hotel Berlin / via minamoka.com
Zoo View: The 25hours Bikini Hotel Berlin / via minamoka.com

At the Gestalten Kiosk you will find Gestalten publications as well as a selection of products from their cooperation partners. And if they manage to make better coffee at the little "bakery" café in the future it will be a perfect spot to browse through Gestalten's books...

The funny name "Bikini" has to do with the building where the Hotel is located. When the Bikini Haus was built in 1955 the second floor was an open floor, dividing it into two parts, like the two parts of a Bikini, the second floor being the belly in the middle. The comparison sounds pretty far fetched today, but I guess the Bikini was a big thing in the Fifties and that's why they came up with that name!

Whenever you decide to visit Berlin and stay at the 25hours Bikini let me know -  I'll meet you for a drink at the bar!

Zoo View: The 25hours Bikini Hotel Berlin / via minamoka.com

p.s: Thank you Ilaria for the reminder to pay the 25hours Bikini a visit!

geraldine@littlebigbell (Saturday, 22 March 2014 22:03)

Sounds and looks great Lena. One to add on my to do list. Maybe you can take me there when I visit one day. Beach vs zoo view... hmmmm, beach! I need some sun! Happy weekend. Btw are you going to the Hive? x

minamoka (Monday, 24 March 2014 09:02)

Hi Geraldine, I'll definitely take you there when you come to Berlin! I agree, we all need sun! I really enjoyed my week at the beach. I'd love to come to the hive, but I don't think I can male it this year. Are you going?

julia I mintlametta (Monday, 24 March 2014 14:14)

Although I prefer the sea I love your pictures and the story behind the 25hours bikini so much! I spend already one night in the 25hours hafencity (hamburg) and have to visit the bikini one as well - thanks for sharing and all the best - julia

mel (Wednesday, 26 March 2014 01:21)

Oh you're lucky to have a week away to recharge the batteries. Already I feel like having a getaway and it's only been a couple of months since our last holiday. I wondered about the funny name:) Gorgeous photos like always Lena. Hope you're well and thanks again for your fantastic My Space post. M xx

minamoka (Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:13)

@Julia: I've read about the one in Hamburg, too - sounds nice as well!

@mel: I really enjoyed my holidays so much and do feel recharged, even though it was only a week. You're very welcome, I loved being part of your myspace series!

Doris (Wednesday, 26 March 2014 15:19)

Sounds like an interesting hotel! I loved your photo's and I'm glad you had a great holiday. I must prefer beach, being an Australian I think it's in the blood. xD

minamoka (Thursday, 27 March 2014 12:32)

Hi Doris, wee, I guess we all prefer the beach… But if you can't have it, watching the monkeys while enjoying a drink is a great alternative!

gudy herder (Thursday, 27 March 2014 12:55)

There is so much information about this place around the net now but your take is just very interesting, Lena!The third pic is my favorite, what a view!! Glad you had a little vacation time too! xx