ANGRILLING

"Angrillen" is what we call having the first barbecue of the season to welcome the warmer part of year. There was a lot of "angrilling" going on this weekend, in and outside of town. We celebrated this important day at the lake. What a great way to end a week, what a good memory to begin the new week with.

Happy monday!

mel (Wednesday, 02 April 2014 04:55)

I've never heard of this before! What a wonderful tradition and I love how you decided to bbq fish. Your kids must have been so excited. M xx

Ana (Wednesday, 02 April 2014 16:58)

Haha, Angrillen! Haven't heard taht word in years. But yeah, angrillen is so much fun and makes you looking forward to more!

geraldine@littlebigbell (Thursday, 03 April 2014 00:16)

OK! A new term for me but I like it! Great photos as always Lena! xx

minamoka (Thursday, 03 April 2014 21:03)

Yeah, I actually didn't even know if this word or tradition existed outside of my circle of friends. But Ana knows it, so it must be popular in Hamburg, too!

Judith (Friday, 04 April 2014 01:55)

Such a great word for the first braai of the season :D And a great way to start a new week, especially in these busy weeks for you! xx

gudy herder (Friday, 04 April 2014 21:16)

Du bist sehr lustig. Angrilling ist doch zu schön!hier darf man während der warmen Monate nicht frei grillen aufgrund der Waldbrandgefahr aber es ist auch wirklich eine sehr deutsche Tradition, oder? Die ich wirklich mag!xx