GARDEN TIME

Sun, a beautiful garden and a cup of coffee. What else do you need on a hot weekend like the one we just had? ( A lake to take a swim, okay.)

During the summer season my father opens the doors to his workshop's garden to the public once a month and everyone is welcome to enjoy his little oasis in the middle of the city, listen to music, see an exhibition or watch someone perform, depending on the program of the day. The "Open Garden" events are celebrating their 10th birthday this year. Time flies by so fast...

If you happen to live in Berlin or plan a trip - feel free to drop by. You won't regret it.

Ana (Wednesday, 11 June 2014 16:20)

Oh that so great to have a small green spot for yourself in the city. And I love the idea of inviting people to the garden. :)

minamoka (Thursday, 12 June 2014 13:48)

I think so too, so many people are enjoying the garden events and come back every year.

tina @ colourliving (Sunday, 29 June 2014 10:50)

What a great idea and the most beautiful green oasis...
    Happy 10th to you Dad!

gudy herder (Monday, 07 July 2014 21:12)

That looks like paradise, Lena. I had no idea your father had this little treasure. I wish I was more often in Berlin,I really do. Are you going every month too? xx

minamoka (Wednesday, 09 July 2014 12:46)

Hi Tina and Gudy, I know, lucky me… It's a well kept secret. Until now. No, I have my dad's permission to talk about it here, but he likes to keep it a mouth-to-mouth thing. That way is grows slowly which is usually the healthiest and most sustainable way to grow, I think?
    When I'm in Berlin you'll always find me there during the open garden events. Either helping out behind the bar or chilling in a sun deck chair :)

Judith (Monday, 18 August 2014 19:53)

Love this peek from your father's open garden event, that you told me about last year, Lena! It's obvious why you love it so much. The birch "temple" in the first picture looks awesome! Happy 10th anniversary to Papa Minamoka!