OH ISTANBUL!

Oh istanbul! | minamoka.com

Finally - Istanbul! Last weekend I escaped to Istanbul to meet a dear friend who lives in Turkey now after we lived in the same town in Eastern Europe for a couple of years. Both of our lives have changed quite a bit since then and strolling through the streets of Istanbul for hours and hours gave us enough time to catch up, get lost, admire both its traditional architecture and its new identity as a design hub and take occasional breaks at one of Istanbul's many cool and cozy cafés. This city has definitely made it to the list of my favourite places and two days were just enough to get a taste of it.

oh istanbul! | minamoka.com

un23 ilaria (Monday, 24 November 2014 11:53)

Beautiful pictures Lena! I thought I was just missing your posts but it seems you've been busy getting lost in this amazing city ;-) Have a lovely day (and btw I like your new layout with the big-sized pictures … minimalist and neat)

Judith (Monday, 24 November 2014 11:59)

Wow this is BIG, Lena! Nice new layout and it makes you plunge right into Istanbul too :) I love how this city looks so very different through everyone's eyes. So many many nice details!

minamoka (Monday, 24 November 2014 12:56)

Hi Ilaria, I know, I hardly find the time anymore for this little space of mine here… I decided spontaneously to change the layout and have bigger images. Have a lovely day, too!

minamoka (Monday, 24 November 2014 12:59)

Hi Judith, I know, maybe too big? I'm not so sure . I really loved Istanbul, it reminded of Berlin a lot, but warmer and of course with the beautiful Bosporus!

Gudy herder (Tuesday, 25 November 2014 20:08)

Hi Lena, I love your photography, I really do! This city is very close to my hear too, I've been there this past February. Would go again straight away, just at a different season I believe. Spring must be just wonderful. I am glad to see you had some me-time! G, x

minamoka (Thursday, 27 November 2014 17:00)

Thank you so much, for your nice words, Gudy! I'd love to go back in springtime, too. Could also be a great location for a blogger meet up, actually! Hugs, L.

Elisa (Sunday, 30 November 2014 16:17)

Wow, such beautiful pictures! This is the second post I read today about Turkey, and I'm starting to think I should move it up on my travel bucket list :-)

minamoka (Sunday, 30 November 2014 17:32)

Thank you Elisa! It's a beautiful city with a very unique vibe, I can only recommend it to everyone!

Victoria (Saturday, 06 August 2016 15:23)

Nice blog & very nice photos of Istanbul! I've been living in Istanbul for 3 years now but all the time I always see smth new and very special at any part of the city. Thank u for impression.